INVedit is the (more like “some kind of”) successor of NBTedit. With it you can create your own porta- wait, wrong game. You can use it to edit your inventory both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, if you’re the server host.
- Loads blocks from the enclosed files.
- This means anyone is able to update INVedit themselves or add items from mods.
- Groups for faster access of individual blocks.
- Search box lets you filter items.
- If possible, displays item damage as bar.
- Stacks items almost like in the game itself.
- Tabs for editing multiple inventories simultaneously.
You can move items between tabs.
- Quick load and save.
- Automatic updating.
You will need the .NET Framework 4.0 (Client Profile) to run this – you usually have this already installed. You can find it here (web installer) or here. May also work with Mono or Wine on Linux and Mac, but there is no guarantee or support. If you’re an unexperienced Mac or Ubuntu user, this is probably not the right tool for you. There are a few unofficial tutorials on how to do it, but I really suggest using a different tool or mod.
Source code: https://github.com/copyboy/INVedit