It’s the Vanilla texture pack resized to 256x with bumpmaps, and a few filters. When you’re far away you’ll barely see any difference from the Default textures but if you’re closeup, you’ll notice that they have much more detail than the standard textures.
There also are 64x and 128x versions of the pack, those are based upon the 256x version and are downscaled, using different filters to keep the textures sharp. Of course they are nowhere near as detailed as the 256x version.
How to install Vanilla HD Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.2.3:
- Download Vanilla HD Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.2.3
- Download and patch using MCPatcher HD
- Run /%appdata%/.minecraft/texturepacks
- Copy and paste texture pack (.zip file) there
- Open Minecraft and change in-game
- Have fun!
Credits to: CoCoNUT31