Update: Snapshot 14w11b has been released to fix some crashes and bugs. Bug fixes:
- [Bug MC-50572] – Upward facing droppers/dispensers only shoot items west
- [Bug MC-50948] – Tripwire hook Texture Messed up
- [Bug MC-50950] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
- [Bug MC-50951] – Flickering world menu
- [Bug MC-50958] – Name and ID cannot both be blank
- [Bug MC-50964] – Endermite Spawn Egg has the wrong name
- [Bug MC-50975] – When ironbars are placed on a block, the lower part is black.
- [Bug MC-50984] – Dark Oak Sapling name is missing.
- [Bug MC-50996] – Existing player heads only show the default Steve head
- [Bug MC-51009] – No podzol in creative inventory
- [Bug MC-51014] – Hopper: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7
- [Bug MC-51016] – EnderMites doesn’t move
- [Bug MC-51045] – Brewing stand graphic shows different things depending on which angle you look at it
- (For resource pack makers) generic blocks now load models and not predefined block shapes
We are going to GDC this weekend, so there will be a pause in snapshots for a short while. But before we get on the plane, we wanted you to have the latest changes to play with.
- Changed minecart physics
- Made furnace minecart actually useful
- Improved the general mob AI
- And some surprises, try to find them
- Fixed some minor bugs
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-47585] – Derailed minecarts sink into the ground
- [Bug MC-47695] – Minecart hitbox is too tall
- [Bug MC-50413] – Custom UUIDLeast/UUIDMost pair yields error
- [Bug MC-50452] – Rails don’t render from below
- [Bug MC-50838] – Entity UUID WitherSkull
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Developer: The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams
Download Minecraft snapshot 14w11b:
Cross-platform server jar: minecraft_server.14w11b.jar